Thank you for considering my artwork as part of your fundraising opportunity!
Due to the high volume of requests that I receive for donations, I am only accepting requests that meet certain criteria.
The reason for this is that no matter the non-profit’s taxable status, artists are only allowed to deduct the exact cost of materials used for their work. This means the hours of labor we put in creating our art is not covered, nor the value of our creativity, leaving us with few ways to pay our living expenses. It is especially relevant when we receive more donation requests than actual purchases.
In order for me to be able to respond to your donation request, your fundraiser must meet the following criteria:
- Proceeds of individual artwork are split at 50% or above with donating artist.
- Fundraiser is run by majority ASL Deaf people and directly benefits the ASL community.
- Artwork is listed at the minimum price recommended by the artist.
- Email communication is prompt and timely.
- Payment is within 15 days of fundraiser closing. Late payments are charged a $10 fee per 30 days.
If your fundraiser does not meet those criteria, you are encouraged to directly purchase my work from society6.com/adrean to donate to your organization. This purchase is fully tax-deductible for you, and I will be compensated for my time creating the artwork.
All my best wishes with your fundraiser!